Notice to Senior Space Participants
Due to an abundance of caution, we are temporarily suspending Senior Space in order to follow the CDC recommendation of limiting large group contact.
There will be no Senior Space until further notice. We will be in touch with any updates and hope to be back soon! Thank you.
United Methodist Communities offers Senior Space, distinctive programing for older adults. Seniors can socialize, take a class, access resources, learn to use technology, engage in discussions about current events, mingle, and have fun.
Most services and classes are either at no cost or a nominal fee. Participants may choose, free of pressure and commitment, to attend what they find appealing. While the programs vary, some of the offerings include:
- Wellness-focused events hosted by on-site community partners
- Technology education
- TED talks (a global set of Technology, Entertainment and Design conferences)
- A resource professional with information about senior living, entitlements and benefits
- Chair yoga, Zumba®, dance, exercise and movement
- Enriching specialty programs led by multi-talented volunteers
- Culinary demonstrations and healthy eating programs
- Creative writing groups, reading and book clubs
- Art, painting and jewelry making
For information about a specific Senior Space, please call the numbers listed below or click the links to see dates and times.
Wednesdays, 10am – 2pm
Senior Space (Bishop Taylor) at Bishop Taylor | 973-676-9057
Senior Space (Covenant Place) at Covenant Place | 908-791-9430 (Thursdays)
Senior Space (PineRidge of Montclair) at the Montclair Public Library | 973-746-0003
Senior Space (The Wesleyan) at The Woman’s Club of Red Bank | 732-736-0760
Senior Space (Bristol Glen) at Bristol Glen | 973-300-5788
Senior Space (Collingswood) at Collingswood | 856-854-4331
Senior Space (Pitman) at Pitman | 856-589-7800
Senior Space (The Shores and Wesley by the Bay) at The Shores | 609-399-8505