United Methodist Communities offers Senior Space, distinctive programing for older adults. Seniors can socialize, take a class, access resources, learn to use technology, engage in discussions about current events, mingle, and have fun.
Each Senior Space has a casual “drop-in center” feel. Family members may attend and inquire about resources, use the public Wi-Fi, and otherwise occupy themselves while their loved ones engage in the activities.
Most services and classes are either at no cost or a nominal fee. Participants may choose, free of pressure and commitment, to attend what they find appealing. While the programs vary, some of the offerings include:
- Wellness-focused events hosted by on-site community partners
- Technology education
- TED talks (a global set of Technology, Entertainment and Design conferences)
- A resource professional with information about senior living, entitlements and benefits
- Chair yoga, Zumba®, dance, exercise and movement
- Enriching specialty programs led by multi-talented volunteers
- Culinary demonstrations and healthy eating programs
- Creative writing groups, reading and book clubs
- Art, painting and jewelry making
For information about a specific Senior Space, please call the numbers listed below.
Wednesdays, 10am – 2pm
Senior Space (Bishop Taylor) at Bishop Taylor | 973-676-9057
Senior Space (Covenant Place) at the Plainfield Public Library | 908-791-9430
Senior Space (PineRidge of Montclair) at the Montclair Public Library | 973-746-0003
Senior Space (The Wesleyan) at The Woman’s Club of Red Bank | 732-736-0760
First & Third Wednesdays, 10am – 2pm
Senior Space (Bristol Glen) at Bristol Glen | 973-300-5788
Senior Space (Collingswood) at the Embury United Methodist Church | 856-854-4331
Senior Space (Pitman) at Pitman United Methodist Church | 856-589-7800
Senior Space (The Shores and Wesley by the Bay) at The Shores | 609-399-8505