A study conducted by Home Health Care News, shows:
- 70% of Americans believe some form of spirituality should
be part of their healthcare.
- 72% responded that their spiritual needs were only minimally
met or not supported by the medical system.
This increasing interest in whole-person care, including body, mind, and spirit, supports the need for pastoral care in the community. United Methodist Communities chaplains:
- Assist with bringing clarity to the spiritual needs of clients;
- Offer professional, skilled and compassionate guidance and
- Partner with local pastors in supporting clients’ spiritual needs.