10 Benefits of HomeWorks’ Live-in Care
According to AARP, more than 95% of seniors want to stay in their home for as long as possible, even if they need help managing day-to-day activities. After all, home is comfortable and familiar, holds memories and evokes secure feelings.
When seniors’ care needs increase to the point that remaining home alone is not safe, live-in care can enable them to age-in-place. Additionally, changing the home environment and lifestyle may not be the best option for their situation.
Live-in care offers one-on-one care, assistance and attention in the environment older adults trust most — home. While a 24-hour live-in caregiver especially lends peace-of-mind for seniors with mobility or memory issues, all older adults benefit from:
- Safety and support;
- Round-the-clock supervision;
- Personal care;
- Assistance with activities of daily living;
- Opportunities to build a relationship with the caregiver;
- Meal preparation and shopping;
- Transportation assistance for recreational activities or medical appointments; and
- Cost savings (the daily live-in care rate is equivalent to 12-hours per day of hourly care).
Not sure what you need? A HomeWorks’ RN will conduct a free in-home assessment. Call 732-838-1950 or fill out a form here.