United Methodist Communities’ cafés offer distinctive programs for older adults. Seniors can socialize, take a class, access resources, learn to use technology, engage in discussions about current events, mingle, and have fun.
The resource cafés have a casual “drop-in center” feel. Family members may attend and inquire about resources, use the public Wi-Fi, and otherwise occupy themselves while their loved ones engage in the activities.
Most services and classes are either at no cost or a nominal fee. Participants may choose, free of pressure and commitment, to attend what they find appealing. While the programs vary, some of the offerings include:
- Wellness-focused events hosted by on-site community partners
- Technology education
- TED talks (a global set of Technology, Entertainment and Design conferences)
- A resource professional to provide information about senior living, entitlements and benefits
- Chair yoga, Zumba®, dance, exercise and movement
- Enriching specialty programs led by multi-talented volunteers
- Culinary demonstrations and healthy eating programs
- Creative writing groups, reading and book clubs
- Art and jewelry making
For information about a specific senior resource café, please call the numbers listed below.
Wednesdays from 10:00am to 2:00pm
Mix and Mingle | Covenant Place, Plainfield | 908-791-9430
Seaside Seniors | Ocean Grove | 732-774-1316
Senior Space | Montclair Public Library | 973-746-0003
The Wesleyan Café | Woman’s Club, Red Bank | 732-736-0760
First and Third Wednesdays from 10:00am to 2:00pm
Bristol Branches | Bristol Glen, Newton | 973-300-5788
Connections at The Shores | The Shores, Ocean City | 609-399-8505
Connections on Broadway | Pitman United Methodist Church | 856-589-7800
Second and Last Wednesdays from 10:00am to 2:00pm
Savvy Seniors | Collingswood | 856-854-4331