United Methodist Communities through HomeWorks, now serves seniors by providing in-home care for the elderly in New Jersey.
Fulfilling our 109-year-old non-profit mission to compassionately serve in community so that all are free to choose abundant life, United Methodist Communities HomeWorks serves to help senior citizens in one of our assisted living or adult communities, also extends to providing home health care services to those in need of non-medical assistance in their homes.
In-Home Care Programs
United Methodist Communities’ New Jersey based home care assistance program is unique:
- Our home care caregivers are state certified home health aides (CHHA), screened for experience, compassion, and patience in dealing with seniors.
- All programs include nursing assessments by a Registered Nurse, supervision, and ongoing monitoring as necessary.
- Our program leverages the social programs and the care network in our assisted living communities across NJ.
- We are driven by a faith-based mission to bring the “abundant life” into the lives of seniors. As such we offer Pastoral Care and psycho-social interventions to help families through difficult decisions.
What Kinds of Home Care Assistance Does United Methodist Communities HomeWorks Provide?
Our aides work first and foremost to be a positive presence in the lives of seniors, enhancing their security, well being, and state of mind.
In that context, we provide a long list of services as a standard part of our engagement with you or your loved one.
- Reliable home Visit schedule – We establish and maintain regular contact, available by phone on off hours.
- We can provide medication management, auditing, and medication pre-pour.
- Psycho-social interventions that enhance the quality of life for our clients.
- Home safety management including professional assessment of fall risks and other potential problems in the home.
- Disease management teaching and coaching
- Our aides will perform light cleaning, cooking, do the laundry, provide transportation and misc chores around the house.
- Alternate Communication source with families and physicians to give assessments when needed.
- Our trained home health aides often serve as a knowledgeable liaison to obtain needed services.
- We supervise transitions between care settings including temporary or permanent moves to an assisted living or rehab facility.
- Professional advocacy on behalf of you and your wishes for your care.
- We help long distance communication between seniors and their loved ones including expert navigation of the many healthcare choices available.
- We can arrange for a visiting physician services to come to the home. Alternately our Registered Nurse Supervisors will make visits whenever necessary to assess the medical needs of our clients.
- Pastoral Care unique to United Methodist Communities HomeWorks is our pastoral care initiative which can provide in-home spiritual counseling to those of all faiths.
At United Methodist Communities HomeWorks, we believe the quality of our caregivers, and our long experience in senior caregiving, set our home care assistance programs apart from the rest.