Family-Friendly Activities for Everyone – Including Seniors!
The holiday season is here and with it comes a month filled with wonderful events for families! Here are some of the top picks from our in-home senior care team in NJ:
- The 38th Annual Holiday Craft Show at The Hermitage. Stock up on unique, beautifully-crafted décor and holiday gifts for the festive season, all lovingly handmade by artisans from all over the USA. Many are one-of-a-kind, and in addition to Christmas wreaths, Santa Clauses and tree ornaments, they offer décor stands for Chanukah, Thanksgiving and even Halloween. It’s located in the Hermitage Education and Conference Center. Proceeds support the Hermitage Museum, located at 335 Franklin Turnpike, Ho-Ho-Kus, NJ 07423.
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Show. These beautifully imaginative stories are brought to life by a troupe of enchanting puppets for a magical 1-hour show. Fun for kids and adults alike, this show is a real treat featuring several stories from this acclaimed series. The production will be held at the DR2 Theatre, 103 East 15 Street, New York, New York.
- DiDonato’s Magical Express. Enjoy a train ride through millions of lights and meet Santa at his workshop! Filled with the Christmas spirit, this holiday village occurs at the DiDonato Family Fun Center, 1151 White Horse Pike in Hammonton, and runs from November 10 to 26 and December 1 to 23. There will also be an after-Christmas special on the 26th for anyone who doesn’t want to miss out. In addition to the Christmas train, there’s also bowling, great restaurants and more.
- The Butterfly Conservatory. Escape the snows of winter and come and see the magnificent butterflies of the tropics at this wonderful exhibit. Celebrating its 20th year, you can expect to mingle with over 500 fluttering butterflies among the flowers and lush vegetation of a tropical paradise. It’s on from October 7 to May 28 at the American Museum of Natural History, Central Park West at 79th Street, New York, New York.
- Music at the Museum. If you’re a family with older children or are planning an evening out for adults, this is a fantastic event to attend. Featuring classical and jazz performers from the Mason Gross School of the Arts Extension Division and hosted at the Zimmerli Art Museum at Rutgers, 71 Hamilton St, New Brunswick. Although these performances are free to the public, be sure to get there early as seating is limited. Performances are held on the second Sunday of every month, from October 15 to March 18.
Professional senior independent home care for a companionable festive season
Our senior home care services team knows that the holidays are a time for companionship and family, so we work to ensure that your loved one is cared for throughout the holiday season. Whether you need a permanent in-home senior care specialist or need someone qualified and experienced to assist your loved one with in home respite care while you are on vacation, we are here to help through our HomeWorks program. Our fully certified staff has extensive senior care training and experience, so feel free to ask for formal certification and references.