When to Consider In-Home Care Services
In-home care services provide seniors with compassionate, skilled assistance on a temporary or permanent basis. Here are some tips from senior home care specialists in New Jersey on evaluating if your loved one will benefit from these services.
Evaluate your loved one’s care needs
It’s always difficult for families to accept that an elderly loved one is starting to struggle with their health and day-to-day living, but at the same time it’s important to put their quality of life first. Here are some signs to look for that indicate the senior in your life may need a helping hand:
- More regular or more severe falls.
- Unusual weight loss.
- Unwillingness to prepare meals, old or expired food in their home, burned pots and pans, etc.
- Increased car accidents or unwillingness to drive.
- Home becoming much more cluttered and unclean.
- Loss of interest in activities that used to be eagerly anticipated
- Withdrawal from socializing with friends and family.
- Bills, paperwork, etc. piling up and being neglected.
- Increasing forgetfulness and confusion, including forgetting to take medication, appointments and social engagements.
Home health agencies offer flexible, affordable care
The main advantage of senior home care services like HomeWorks, which is offered by United Methodist Communities of New Jersey, is that you can get your loved one exactly the amount of care they require without having to move. You can even set the hours that your caregiver will work, making it easier for family caregivers to manage their own lives and careers while still supporting their elderly loved ones.
Caregivers are assigned according to your loved one’s needs and can take care of housekeeping and meal preparation, in addition to skilled nursing assistance and Alzheimer’s care. In addition to medical care and in-home respite services, we also offer pastoral care for spiritual and emotional support in the home.
For more information on our in-home care services or to get a home health aide in New Jersey, please contact us today at https://homeworks.umcommunities.org/.